ART PRIZE GERMANY 2021
T e n d e r
Application deadline: February 1st – May, 31th 2021
Art award topic: not planned
Participation in the German Art Prize (www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de) involves submitting photos by uploading a maximum of three works of art (including paintings, sculptures, photos/digital art) using an online form. From the submitted works, a jury (photo jury) will nominate those works that will take part in the final jury decision and the subsequently planned “Art Prize Exhibition”.
After the works have been delivered, an external jury determines the following art prizes for the following art disciplines:
- Painting: Gold Award – and purchase of works > Gross value: € 5,000
- Sculpture: Gold Award – and purchase of works > Gross value: € 5,000
- Photography / Digital Art: Gold Award – and purchase of works > Gross value: € 5,000
- Audience award: Gold Award
- Payment times: After the handover of the works
B. Basic Information
- Application: Upload (1 to 3 works) to www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de until May 31, 2021
- An independent photo jury nominates works for the final jury meeting: until June 30, 2021
- Announcement of the works nominated by the photo jury by email: until July 31, 2021
- Mailing of the submission forms for the nominated works: until July 31, 2021
- Delivery of the works nominated by the photo jury: 24 to 31 Aug. 2021
- An independent jury determines the winners: until 15 Sep. 2021
- Awarding of the Art Prize Germany 2021 / Vernissage: October 31, 2021
- Presentation of the audience award / closing event (Finissage): November 28, 2021
- Location of the award ceremony: Galerie Depelmann, Langenhagen (near Hannover Airport)
- Book for the Art Prize: Publication of a print documentation for the Art Prize Germany 2021, in which the nominated works (photos) and the artists (photos) are presented. In addition, all applying artists (including those who were not nominated) are named in the book with their first and last names and place of residence.
Conditions of participation for the Art Prize Germany 2021
- Applicants with an artistic education and / or an adequate exhibition vita.
- There is no restriction of origin. Artists from home and abroad are welcome.
- Art disciplines: including painting, plastic / sculpture, photography / digital art.
- The subject of the exhibits to be submitted (1, 2 or 3) can be freely determined.
- The works must be submitted as photos by uploading them to www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de.
- Applications are possible with a maximum of three (3) original works that are not older than 5 years.
- Brief description (max. 1/4 A4 page) of the submitted works to be given a title.
- Artist biography / compact vita (max. 1/1 A4 page)
- Processing fee / flat fee:
- Submission of a work: € 50.00 including sales tax (artists up to 35 years: € 0.00)
- Submission of a second work (if applicable): € 40.00 incl. VAT. (Artists up to 35 years: 0.00 €)
- Submission of a third work (if applicable): € 30.00 including sales tax.
10. If the sales are successful, the organizer will receive a fee of 50% of the sales price including VAT.
11. Insurance: The works nominated by the jury to be exhibited will be insured.
12. Jury prizes: Gold Awards in three disciplines plus purchase of works (31.10.2021)
13. Audience Award: Gold Award> Presentation at the finissage (November 28, 2021)
C. Terms of tender
C.1 Organizer of the German Art Prize >>> Galerie Depelmann Edition Verlag GmbH
Postal Address: Galerie Depelmann GmbH, 30855 Langenhagen (Hannover), Walsroder Str. 305
All applicants with an artistic education (and an adequate exhibition vita) from Germany and abroad are eligible to apply.
One to three (1 – 3) original works of fine art from the areas of painting, sculpture / sculpture, photography / digital art that are not older than 5 years and were created by the sender are permitted. For reasons of space, works larger than 1.5 x 1.5 (x 1.5) meters may not be submitted.
There are no restrictions on artistic expression. Not allowed to be submitted …
… fake works.
… heavily restored or damaged works.
… unlimited and unnumbered multiples.
… artwork not self-made (exception: designated joint work).
… works for which the exhibitor does not have the (co-) copyright or right of use.
… representations which contradict applicable German law in word and / or image.
C.3 Application (photo jury)
The application takes place by submitting the works in digital form via the website of the organizer (www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de) by filling in the input fields and by uploading the works photo (s) as JPG. The image file should not exceed 3 MB and be no smaller than 300 KB. The image files must be clearly identifiable. It should therefore be noted that the file name of the photos submitted (jpg) is as follows: Last name, first name, work description.jpg. Up to three works can be uploaded as photos (no more than one photo per work) in digital form.
Information on the work or the works and the person of the artist must be given in full in the application for the photo jury.
The deadline for submitting works to the “Photo Jury” is May 31, 2021.
C.4 Processing fees (young artists: € 0.00 for two submitted works)
A participation and processing fee of € 50.00 is charged for the first work per artist (exception: young artists up to the age of 35)
>>> Young artists up to the age of 35 pay no processing fee (0.00 € + 0.00 €) for the first and second work with which they apply.
It is a concern of the organizer to relieve young artists financially, to offer them adequate exhibition opportunities – and thus to promote their artistic career.
Anyone who as an artist over 35 years of age would like to submit more than one work (fee: € 50.00) pays € 40.00 for the second work (not artists up to 35 years of age) and € 30.00 for the third work processing fee. The processing fee is to be transferred to the account of the organizer (art award organizer). The bank account is:
>>> Sparkasse Hannover | IBAN: DE 82 2505 0180 0002 0408 63 | BIC: SPKHDE2HXXX
As purpose the transfer, please state the “processing fee” Kunstpreis Deutschland. For “beneficiary” (payee) please state Galerie Depelmann
The processing fee must be received on the account of the above-mentioned organizer within 10 days of the submitted application or receipt of the invoice. If payments are not received on time, applications may not be processed or considered.
C.5 All artists who apply will be named in alphabetical order after the art award ceremony under the heading “IVOLVED ARTISTS / WORKS” on the website www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de.
C.6 Jury decisions and prizes
a) Photo jury
From the works submitted by upload by May 31, 2021, the independent photo jury will nominate the works for the final jury decision by June 30, 2021, which will also be presented at the art award exhibition on the occasion of the art award ceremony.
Artists whose works have been nominated by the photo jury will receive notifications from the organizer by July 31, 2021 – and also by email by July 31, 2021.
b) Final Prize jury
An independent jury appointed by the organizer will select three works from the works nominated for the Art Prize Germany 2021 and delivered between August 24 and 31, 2021. These are each endowed with gold awards, which are presented at the art award ceremony.
The artist has no right of appeal against the decision of the jury. The jury will not justify the non-awarding of works. Jury members are obliged to maintain confidentiality. The only criterion for the jury is the artistic performance of the individual work. For this purpose, the art award organizer anonymizes the works submitted as far as possible before submitting them to the jury.
Every consignor (artist) submits to the jury and these exhibition conditions. The applicant has no right of objection to the decision. All accepted works remain at the disposal of the organizer for the duration of the exhibition. The hanging of pictures and the placing of sculptures is carried out by a curator to the exclusion of the public and the submitting artists.
The Art Prize Germany 2021 is advised by Prof. Timm Ulrichs, Berlin / Hannover.
c) Audience Award
The “audience award” (gold award) is chosen exclusively by the participating artists at the art award vernissage (art award ceremony) and presented at the finissage (date see above).
C.7 Submission and labeling of the work
From August 24th to 31st, 2021, the works selected by the photo jury will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the headquarters of the art award organizer Galerie Depelmann, 38855 Langenhagen, Walsroder Str. 305, in person or by post, parcel service, shipping company on your own to deliver at your own risk. Works arriving too late may not be considered.
A fully completed submission form (with name and work details) must be firmly attached to each work; a loose duplicate of the form must be submitted with the submission. These forms will be sent by post and additionally by email on July 31, 2021 to those artists whose works have been nominated.
A biography / vita related to the artistic career (max. 1 DIN A4 page) must also be enclosed, as well as a description of the submitted work/works (max. 1/4 DIN A4 page) and the name of the chosen art discipline (e.g. painting ) and technology (e.g. oil on canvas).
C.8 Award ceremony
The presentation of the German Art Prize takes place in a festive setting and is filmed. The press is informed nationwide (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein).
C.9 Collection of the artworks after the close of exhibition
After the award ceremony, the organizer is planning a so-called art award exhibition. If necessary, the exhibited works can (if they should not have been sold) be picked up the day after the planned Art Prize exhibition at your own expense and risk. Liability on the part of the organizer of the art prize is excluded for this.
D. Exhibition terms
If the jury has nominated a artwork for the art award exhibition, it can no longer be withdrawn by the applicant (artist). The works sold during the Art Prize exhibition are to be left in the exhibition until the end of the exhibition. When an exhibit is sold, the organizer of the art prize receives a fee / remuneration of 50% of the sales price.
Condition and configuration of the artworks:
The artworks (paintings) must be dry and technically flawless. Multi-part works are to be submitted as a hanging unit (diptych or triptych). Paintings must be provided with a stable suspension device with a frame and eyelets. Works that do not have a hanging device may be rejected by the curator.
For sculptures or objects that are not to be placed on the floor, the required sculpture bases or pedestals are to be delivered by the artist. No liability is accepted for glasses or damage to work caused by broken glass.
In exceptional cases and in the event of legal doubts or hanging difficulties, the curator reserves the right to reject works.
The sales prices for paintings must be stated including frames and 50% sales fee.
Sale of artworks: Each exhibitor agrees and tacitly gives the order that his work accepted for exhibition be sold to interested parties at the price specified by him.
Each exhibitor must indicate the value of the work with the registration. After submitting the works, the exhibitor is not entitled to change the purchase price.
The organizer of the art award is entitled to reproduce the works accepted for the exhibition in online and print documentation as well as for press and PR work free of charge (photo, film).
A bound book for the Art Prize Germany 2021 will be published. The nominated artists are each presented with their works on one page. Any kind of copying, reproduction and further processing of photos of exhibited works for other purposes and by unauthorized third parties is prohibited.
The deadlines set out in the terms of application for the submission / dispatch and collection of the artworks are fixed. The artist undertakes to observe these deadlines.
The works accepted for the exhibition are insured for the duration of the exhibition period.
The place of fulfilment for all obligations in relation to the “Art Prize Exhibition” and the sale of exhibited works is the registered office of the organizer.
By submitting the registration and making available factory photos (via upload) for the Art Prize Germany, the applicant declares his / her consent to all of the above conditions.
No liability can be assumed for the correctness of the dates mentioned. The art award organizer can postpone the dates for an important reason. We generally recommend checking that the dates mentioned in this art award announcement are up to date (see website: www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de)
ART PRIZE GERMANY / KUNSTPREIS DEUTSCHLAND 2021
Organizer: Galerie Depelmann Edition Galerie GmbH, 30855 Langenhagen (Region Hannover), Walsroder Str. 3
Consultant: Prof. Timm Ulrichs (Berlin/Hannover)
Contact: email@example.com | www.kunstpreis-deutschland.de
Tel. (0511) 733693 | www.depelmann.de